About OUR HISTORIC BUILDING
A fire gutted the building in May 1992.
Wagon Factory Mercantile Mall
After the fire the building was remodeled by Dan Korth and Linda Begley-Korth of Korth Construction. In the fall of 1993 it opened as a mercantile mall with the theme of a small town Victorian street. This helped to enhance the Victorian theme that has made Cambridge a popular shopping destination.
Car Sales and Service
With the dawning of the automobile age, the building evolved into a sales and service garage for automobiles. Simonson Chevrolet owned the building from 1910 to 1978. They were followed by Bob Calibrese and then Flaherty-Wilson Motors.
D.W. Scobie Wagon Works
The historic 214 W. Main St. building was built in 1892 for local blacksmith D.W. Scobie who made hay wagons, buggies, harrows and farm implements in this building.